Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Email to Bob Eaton by Sathish Jasti

Hi All,

It seems there was no Grand Harbor Blog blog activity lately. I just want all the people in the blog let you aware the recent happenings in our neighborhood. I sent an email to Bob and I request all of you to send him if you have any concerns too. I am attaching the email I sent him.

Thanks for your time,

Sathish Jasti.

________________________


To,

Bob / The Board of Directors,
Grand Harbor HOA Inc,
Katy, TX 77494

Reg: Lakes at Grand Harbor Neighborhood Happenings

I am a resident of Lakes at Grand Harbor, Katy and I want to brief you some of my concerns regarding the recent neighborhood happenings.

I have been watching the scariest things happening lately in the neighborhood and they are becoming worse and worse daily.

There has been no control access to the lake and I am noticing lot of outsiders (Not residents of Grand Harbor, but residents from neighborhood apartments and outsiders) taking walks on the walkway along the lake. When I sit in the back yard in the evening I see every day some new people walking around. I don't feel secure at all and it is very scary.

It seems lot of people who live in the Grand Verde Apartments are using Harbor Crossing to Kingsland & Highland Knolls Blvd.

There has been lot of people drinking and smoking occurrences near the lake especially after the dark. This needs to be taken care of immediately. I even told personally to some people not to drink near the lake while fishing.

Regarding fishing, lots of outsiders are coming everyday and even some people are not leaving the fish back in the lake after catching them. Some cases it is becoming heated argument with the outsiders. Can we do some thing about this?

There has been some trash around the lake and some time water stinks. You can see empty beer cans, plastic cans, used condoms in and around the lake. Even some people started using the lake as Dog Park for their dog recreational activities.

Maybe you should send some notice to all the residents about the lake rules and is there anyway we can have some kind of night patrol after 9 PM. Its good to have some lights installed in the play yard. You can see people after dark hanging around the play yard and doing al sorts of things.

Also how hard is to get a controlled access gate for our community? Maybe you should ask all the residents to get some kind of resolution to get access gate to keep the community clean & safe or a metal fence around the lake or just not to allow fishing.

If we don't act soon this neighborhood will be in pretty bad shape soon. Maybe you should have some kind of meeting monthly once with the neighborhood residents to discuss these things.

Really its frustrating to pay extra for the lake side and its being used by the outsiders and if you ask them you were being looked up and down. Some times I feel like it's not safe to live near lakeside anymore.

Maybe we need some bumps on Grand Harbor Dr & Harbor crossing roads As you can see people driving fast on the roads and can't able control the speed and straighlty going into the play yard or hitting the rocks / payments. I notice finally the rock is moved across grand harbor drive.

If you can do something about this it's really appreciated. I just dont want to complaint each and every thing but want to let you know the things happening and requesting you to improve the condition and security of this beautiful neighborhood.

I have pictures and some license plate numbers if you want to pursue in this matter.

Thanks,

Sathish Jasti

1 comment:

S&C Pedersen said...

I can think of one solution to the fishing problem. Maybe other residents have other ideas as well.

1) Put up signs in addition to the ones already posted that read "Fishing Prohibited Except by Grand Harbor HOA Permit"

2) Allow residents to obtain a permit for fishing in the lake that they can show along with photo ID showing their address in Grand Harbor when asked by other residents with a concern.

3) In order for a permit to be issued resident must establish membership in the HOA and sign an affirmative agreement to not share their permit unless accomanying a guest and to be responsible to ensure "Catch & Release" is followed while fishing.

At this point the Centex Sales office could administer the permits. Later a member could administer the permits.